Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week 6

Well I already had a Facebook account but I hadn't opened it in a while. Had two friends waiting for me to acknowledge them. I visited the OPl fan site and saw a posting by someone who congratulated us on being on Facebook but pointed out that if we are advertising ourself as the largest bilingual English/French library in North America our profile should be bilingual. A very astute comment.

I liked the Brooklyn Museum fan site a lot. I can see that there is a lot of scope for using Facebook to promote library events and publications. What about the covers to some new books every week. We could even post some Infoguides. But, like all of the new technologies, you have to have the time to keep it up to date or it can be a negative rather that positive attribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment