Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Week 3 and 4

Last week was very busy so I am combining the two weeks in one.

Wikis - I must say that I have used wikis before so I didn't really learn anything new although some of the wikis mentioned were new to me. It does seem though that the LisWiki does not have that much in it. Library Success is somewhat interesting but I'm not sure how regularly it is updated.

RSS Feeds - I am also somewhat familiar with RSS feeds because I use iGoogle as my home page. I find that I rarely even look at my RSS feeds and that at the moment 10 feeds seemed an awful lot. I finally made it but time will tell if I find the Reader easier to use than iGoogle. I still like receiving emails that I can ignore or not. .

I don't have anything terribly interesting this week except finding out that AncestryLibrary now has the Civil Service lists from 1872-1900. Do you know that in 1900 there were two librarians working for the Library of Parliament, the Parliamentary Librarian and a General Librarian. The both made the same salary, $3,200 per year. That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment