Monday, January 12, 2009

Week Two of 23 Things

So I just finished listening to the Lifelong learning tutorial and I am supposed to comment on which of the habits of lifelong learners I find the hardest and which I find the easiest. I think the hardest one for me is the first one of Begin with the end in mind. When it comes to learning I find it hard to think about what I really want to do and make a plan. I much prefer coming across learning opportunities serendipitously. Most of the other habits come fairly easily to me. I do have confidence in my ability to learn and enjoy working on challenges and I certainly like to share what I have learned with others and playing with new technologies and skills. However even though View problems as challenges is easy for me in some aspects, one aspect which I find difficult to overcome is the finding time to pursue my learning goals. I guess that's it for the tutorial

I just wanted to mention to anyone else who is interested that my favourite newsletter writer on internet and searching (Tara Calishain) is back doing what she does best although she is not actually sending out the newsletters anymore but is back to updating her website. So unless she finds a new way of sending our newsletters, I will probably have to switch from reading her newsletter to subscribing to an RSS feed or, her new technology is now Twittering. Another new learning opportunity. Learn to twitter. Her website is www.researchbuzz.org for those of you who don't know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment